- File based persistence is changed for SQL based persistence.
- An object relational mapper is used to translate objects in to tuples.
- A remoting framework is used instead of plain TCP/UDP API
- Any software is programmed in a highter level language
- An object oriented framework framework is used to build a web app instead of a plain C cgi.
- An operating system provides a GUI instead of just a command line
Maybe that is why ObjectWeenies and RelationaWeenies and FunctionalWeenies, and all other Weenies just cann't undestand each other... they all have different strategies to deal with complextiy and when one of the thinks that a particular place is the ideal place to hide complexity it turns out that is precisely the place that another one think is not the place where complexity should be dealt with....